Your background check may show the status IDV Fail.
This means that the Identity Verification failed. Identity Verification is done to match your face with your Identity Document (Drivers License or Passport). Vetty uses Facial recognition software to quickly determine if the ID document matches the person submitting the ID.
**This does not mean you failed the background check. You can easily move past this stage and still complete the background check!
This IDV Fail can happen for a number of reasons. Some reasons are:
- Your age is under 18
- The similarity score between your selfie and your ID image was too low
- The ID or selfie image was too dark
- The back of the ID (barcode) was not verified
- You declined consent for the software to compare your face and ID electronically
- In the above case, the Vetty or future employer team will be reaching out to you to provide your ID documents and selfie.
- Failure to reply will delay your background check
- You have already applied to this company and it is recognizing you as a duplicate.
- The name that you applied with doesn't match the one on your ID
In order to clear your check and move it past IDV Fail, please contact your potential employer. They should be able to tell you why the IDV failed and what steps to take to approve your Identity Verification.